DDS-4 Tape Drive

Hello

I am attempting to get a file server up and running for a non-profit org. We
chose Fedora because of the 2.6 kernel (for Serial ATA support).

We have an internal HP DDS-4 Scsi Tape drive. I have no experience with SCSI
and don't know where to start to get this device to function. Can someone
please help me with the basics of where to look to troubleshoot, what kind of
modules I might need to load etc. I can find very little through google when
searching for info about this device with Linux.

Any basic pointers as to where to start would be great.

thanks

Cyril