Re: DDS-4 Tape Drive

Jim

I have now had a chance to look at the Server again.

my /etc/modprobe.conf file looks like this

alias eth0 8139too
alias scsi_hostadapter sata_via
alias scsi_hostadapter1 a100u2w
alias snd-card-0 snd-via82xx
install snd-via82xx /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-via82xx &&
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-via82xx { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-via82xx
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 uhci-hcd

I ran modprobe scsi_hostadapter1 (it didn't work first time, I got a seg
fault).
It now works and has detected the HP drive!
The mt command is working on /dev/st0.

How do I get the module to load at boot time?

thanks

Cyril