Re: a wibble wish list

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 10:57 +0200, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> I can prepare close 448 Linux hard drives a day using my two disk
> duplicators. But with the windows drive I can triple that with ease,
> because it only dumps the data not the free space too, a dump takes 3
> mins for a 3gig install.

Have you tried partimage?  I have used it for backing up machines before
swapping drives.  The images contain only used data blocks, and when
restoring you have the option of skipping unused blocks - should be very
fast if it can be used with your duplicators.

http://www.partimage.org/
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/partimage/

Regards,
Kevin Freeman