Re: a wibble wish list

On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 08:33, Sam Barnett-Cormack wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Chadley Wilson wrote:
>
> > Dear fedora friends, developers and rocket scientists,
> >

> Try yum. Dunno about GUIs for it, but it'll work quite nicely - dunno
> about from the CDs. It'll also automatically find dependencies, as long
> as the dependencies are withing the repositories it has access to.
>
> An RPM can potentially display 'you can start this package by *blah*'
> messages, AIUI, but they generally don't. And then it'd only work at the
> command line.

U ha!
Now if you dunno what it is your looking for i.e. deps and you ls the
rpm dirs on the cds you get a list that scares the pants of the devil
himself. And the amount of time you spend searching  through the list is
painfull. But my wish was to have maybe synaptic for the discs where you
could click on the item and see what it is and requires.

Chadley Wilson
Soon 2 B RHCE
Linux Rocks
Welcome to my world.
Enjoy the adventures of Linux
Linux is easy, lazy people critise, curse and fail.