Turning of the screensavers

Hi,

MY PC, running core 1. hangs up many nights with no obvious reason to
me. The message on the monitor sometime, not always is "No signal"
other times the monitor is just frozen with a screensaver.
Someone suggested that maybe the screensavers hang the machine.
I don't know what starts the screensvars, therefore I don't know
how to turn it off. Is there a simple way of turning screensaver off.

TIA
Shoshana