Re: [Fedora] Re: FC1 stable, FC2 ... you wish.

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 12:21:17 -0600
"Ashley M. Kirchner" <ashley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>     Because this is a production machine, and those exports are needed
> every night during backup routines, I had no recourse but to downgrade
> to get back to a stable platform.  No time to dig deeper into the
> problem and possibly find a cause or cure.  I did however post the
> OOPSes that I got, at least two of them.  I got no response from the list.

Looks like you've hit a bug in the new 2.6 kernel.   Trying one of the
updated test kernels might help.   To my untrained eye your oops looks
like it could be related to the fix supplied in 2.6.7-rc1 by Neil Brown:
"Fix NFSD oops in readdir"

So you might want to try again when a 2.6.7 kernel becomes available.
This is very likely not a FC2 specific problem but one that would exist
with any distribution based on the current 2.6 kernel.

I know it's not very convenient but posting oops reports to the Linux
Kernel mailing list as well will have a much better chance of getting help.
You can post to that list without being subscribed and ask to be CC'd on
any responses.  Check out:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/lkml/

Cheers,
Sean