FC1 stable, FC2 ... you wish.

Okay, so after a whole week of fighting FC2 to run, and having to reboot the machine every 4 to 5 hours because of a kernel panic, I downgraded to FC1 and low and behold...the server's running without a single hitch. So, something's screwed with FC2 which causes it to panic with either the pdflush or the swapper processes, whereas none of the previous RH versions, nor FC1 have that problem. It also trashed a 200 GB drive every time it panicked. None of the previous versions of RH did that.

And with everything else I have read on this list over the past two weeks or so, I'd say stay away from FC2. Maybe it's time I start looking at a different distribution...

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
 Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley@xxxxxxxxxx>   .   303.442.6410 x130