Re: Ugly fonts whith Core2

Am Samstag, 5. Juni 2004 14:34 schrieb Dylan Parry:

> > Does no one here experience fonts whith core 2 being very ugly? Here
> > they are as unreadable
>
> FC2 changed the way in which fonts are rendered.

In which way?

>The old way now results
> in ugly looking fonts in some applications that don't support the new way,

I thought fonts aren't rendered by apps themselves but by freetype or Xft.

> but if you are experiencing ugly fonts in all your apps (including the
> desktop itself)

Yes, I do.

>then perhaps it is due to you having installed new fonts?
> Have you installed any new fonts, and if so how did you install them?

Yes I did, but this issue existed up from the first boot of core2. I tried to
install ms-fonts and experienced the same problem as whith core 1: After
installing ms-fonts several web-pages are shown in a ugly font which is not
configured whether in KDE-conrolcenter nor in konqueror or mozilla. In core2
this font clearly shows stairs and causes my eyes to hurt. Removing ms-fonts
made this issue disappear in core1 in core2 not.

Can you explain the difference in mozilla-settings between proportional,
serif, sans-serif, cursive, fixed fonts? When is one of those specific fonts
used?
Why are there only so few fonts available for "proportional" in mozilla and
for "fixed" in KDE-control-center?
And why are my fonts under /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF marked active and
visible in KDE-controlcenter|system administration but are not electable in
KDE-controlcenter|appearance|fonts nor in apps? This is the same in core1 and
core2.

I install/uninstall fonts simply by moving them to /usr/share/fonts and make
them available to KDE in KDE-Control.

Bye,
Patrice