Ugly fonts whith Core2

Hallo!

Does no one here experience fonts whith core 2 being very ugly? Here they are
as unreadable,  that I still use core1 for this reason - well not only for
this reason: Why is KDE so damn slow on my 333-celeron? KDE works great whith
core1.

I can't see any difference between anti-aliasing turned on/of in
KDE-Controlcenter although the difference is clearly visible in Core1 when
doing the same thing. I neither couldn't see any difference between freetype
patched (natural AA, or how was this called?) and non-patched. Fonts appear
very unclear, somehow thinner as in core1 and lack contrast.

I'm not quiet shure if this is a problem of font-rendering or a general
graphic-problem. Is there a software to increase contrast of XOrg? My monitor
is already set to maximum. I'm using the same Nvidia proprietary driver whith
both fedoras. I can see no difference in 2D between nv and proprietary
nvidia-driver.

I like core1 very much, but I'm very disappointed whith core 2. :-(

Bye,
Patrice