Re: FC1 -> FC2 Update: DISASTER!!!

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 07:51, Dan Thurman wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> I would have expected that SOMEWHERE that GNOME or respective
> upgrades programs should have taken care of installation issues
> like this so that less geek people can continue their business
> without grief. Do we ALL have to become linux experts to fix things
> that otherwise could be taken care of?  I don't have TIME to read the
> RTFM's to get a CLUE where I should start when things go wrong.
>
> I would *expect* linux to be a *PROFESSIONALLY* built product with
> performance tuning, sound configured *automatically*, etc., etc.,
> but hey... someone has to get paid to support the otherwise lack of
> professionalism? Don't get me wrong.  This is my wish list. If Linux
> is ever going to replace M$ as the desktop, then professionalism should
> be expected and required. That is why M$ wins hands down (never mind
> the other well-known secret OS hooks, secret snooping, or vaporware
> program promises or other "sins" M$ did and perhaps continues to do.)
-----
I realize that it was a full moon yesterday but where does all this
whining come from?

RHEL is professional product
Fedora is community - bleeding edge product

The very first paragraph of the home page <http://fedora.redhat.com>

The Fedora Project is a Red-Hat-sponsored and community-supported open
source project. It is also a proving ground for new technology that may
eventually make its way into Red Hat products. It is not a supported
product of Red Hat, Inc.

***
that said - I find this post to be immature and the poster to be either
entirely misinformed or ignorant.

Craig