Re: FC1/FC2 or RedHat9

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 16:12 -0400, Phil Schaffner wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 08:35 -0700, Richard Emberson wrote:
> > Paul wrote:
> > > Hi,
... snip ...
> If that works, check to make sure grub.conf has the correct boot stanza,
> and reboot.
>
> (Just had the thought that the

OOPS replying to myself - forgot to finish the thought.  Meant to say
that if you have the initrd.img used for the install still around, can
try using that one.

The other though that just hit me is that anaconda has developed the
rather nasty habit of removing old kernels, so none of the previous
advice may be any good if it accomplished that "clean-up".

Have you exhausted all the BIOS options in trying to get your system to
boot from CD?  The correct combination can sometimes be tricky.  I've
got one system that won't boot from the IDE CD unless there's a hard
drive as the first device, and a system with SCSI disks and CD that will
only boot from the SCSI CD if the on-board IDE controller is disabled in
the BIOS.

Phil