Re: FC1/FC2 or RedHat9

Hi,

> When I finished the upgrade the /boot/initrd-2.6.5-1.358.img
> was missing (From the grub gui I dropped into the command mode and
> listed what was in the /boot directory), but /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.5-1.358
> was there (neither of the FC2-install* files were there).

I'll email you a copy of all of the initrd stuff later.

Something you may want to try is (if you have access to another
machine), make a copy of tomsrtbt (linux on a floppy) and mount the FC2
CD via that. Failing that, do you not have a boot rescue floppy from
RH9?

> Sorry for hijacking this thread but Paul is the first responder who
> has stated that upgrading works.

It does work. I've even gone from RH5 to FC2 in one swoop, but that was
only as I'm insane! (gnome1 to gnome2 caused more headaches than
anything I've ever had!)

TTFN

Paul
--
"Your lives are in the hands of men no smarter than you or I, many of
them incompetent boobs. I know this because I worked alongside them,