Re: FC1/FC2 or RedHat9

Paul wrote:
Hi,

When I finished the upgrade the /boot/initrd-2.6.5-1.358.img
was missing (From the grub gui I dropped into the command mode and
listed what was in the /boot directory), but /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.5-1.358
was there (neither of the FC2-install* files were there).

I'll email you a copy of all of the initrd stuff later.

I do have other machines. I did installs on them, not an upgrade, so initrd-2.6.5-1.358.img exists on them. The failed "upgrade" machine has scsi disks while the other machines are all ide, so I can not move the disk with the /boot directory to a different machine, mount it, and load the initrd onto it (I looked into that last night).

Something you may want to try is (if you have access to another machine), make a copy of tomsrtbt (linux on a floppy) and mount the FC2 CD via that. Failing that, do you not have a boot rescue floppy from RH9?

I will look into tomsrtbt. I do have a RH9 boot floppy.

Thanks

Sorry for hijacking this thread but Paul is the first responder who
has stated that upgrading works.

It does work. I've even gone from RH5 to FC2 in one swoop, but that was
only as I'm insane! (gnome1 to gnome2 caused more headaches than
anything I've ever had!)

TTFN

Paul