Re: smb:///sorry, could not display all the content......?

I have the same problem. I can get to a Windows box from my
linux box with "smbclient -L WindowsBoxName" and I get
asked for a username and password. I then get a listing from
the Windows box about what the shares are etc. I can also use
the Windows box's shared printer which I set up with a user name
and password in the printer config process.

Nautilus never asked me for a user name or password.
It shows the various samba servers on the LAN but clicking
on them doesn't get a listing of the shares. It gets the same
"can't display" message.

In the config-samba gui I have given my UNIX name a
samba username and samba password that works for
smbclient but there is no change for nautilus.