How do I get Fedora to quit grabbing a certain USB device?

So I have VMWare up and running with Windows XP. I'd like to allow my
wife to use her RIO Sport via Windows since she isn't too comfortable
with rioutil. The problem is that whenever I plug it in via USB the
"host" machine grabs it before Windows can. How do I get Fedora to
ignore this device or any device for that matter since I imagine this
may come up in the future like if I want to install something via
Windows to my Palm Pilot or something?

Preston