RE: terminal command line weirdness

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Bill Gradwohl wrote:

Can you try chaning your prompt and see if this happens?
 export PS1='${HOSTNAME}:${PWD}>'
<and now do the resize experiment>

I tried it and it changed the result for the better. Long lines no longer wrap on to themselves, which was my chief complaint. I never thought of the PS1 being the culprit.

Normally, I do the following:
	export PS1="\033[1;31m[\u@\h \W]\\$ \033[0;39m"
to get a red prompt string so that its easy to find. Apparently something in
that is causing the problem. I'll research it.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

I had similar \003 .. chars in my prompt - and issues with editing long commands. After looking at this thread - I did a little digging and narrowed down to my PS1 setting.

I guess its still a bug in bash. (need to bugzilla it)

Satish