Re: Problems with Fedora PHP and Apache

John Nichel wrote:

William Hooper wrote:

John Nichel said:

William Hooper wrote:

Maybe I should sent them a mail suggesting they update their warning:

"Don't use Apache 2 with PHP.  It's not ready for production use, just
good enough for mirroring our content."

So you think the PHP people should force their mirror sites to use what
they want them to use?  If I run a Microsoft/IIS box, should I not be
allowed to mirror the site?

It has nothing to do with forcing anyone to run anything. It is evidence that Apache 2 and PHP work just fine in a production environment. Had there been a warning against using a Microsoft web server while part of the official mirror pool is running IIS then it would be just as bad.

And I still fail to see how this would be bad. What if PHP issued a warning about IIS and PHP. Should they then pull the rug out from under all mirrors using IIS? It is the choice of that mirror to use what they want too. I don't see how this refelects on the PHP group, and their warning/reccomendation. If I warn you not to play in traffic, and you do anyway, thus getting flattened by an 18-wheeler, is that somehow my wrong?

http://www.php.net/install.apache2

It's usually good to note which versions don't work with what servers.

I happen to use Apache2 and PHP on many different servers with GD and many other modules. I have not had an issue related to Apache2 yet, however I follow the release notes per version.

Wade