Re: Mozilla no access to certain sites

Chadley Wilson wrote:
G'day to all

The weirdest thing ever.
I can go to any website I want, but if I go to www.absadirect.co.za
which is an on-line banking site, I get an error saying host could not
be found. If I try on my other fedora PC it also doesn't work.
Since I am behind a proxy I have tried logging in as a different user
and it still returns the same error.

But if I go on my windows XPlease it works perfectly! :-/

Is it possible that I could have a virus blocking me from the website.
A virus,,,,, Linux, mmmm!

Nope - I guarantee you it's not that.

Is the XP box behind a proxy as well? Can you go directly (i.e. circumvent the proxy)?

Reason I ask is because online banking is very sensitive to proxies and fireballs sometimes. I speak from experience as I have two customers who cannot access online banking when their Norton Internet Security is enabled.

Regards,
Ed.