Re: up2date with compiled versions of latest kernel

Am So, den 02.05.2004 schrieb Ted Gervais um 22:39:

> What I needed to add to the kernel configuration was more features for
> the Amateur Radio section and also the area that covers the Windows file
> system.(NFTP ?? )

Ok, for activating amateur radio you certainly need to recompile a
custom kernel (I never used that, so I am not absolutely sure). The NTFS
kernel module would be available as an RPM on http://linux-ntfs.sf.net/.

> I didn't need to patch the kernel, just needed to take one of the
> example config files and go through it adding those features I needed.
> I then ran the compile process and everything worked out fine. Except I
> get this little reminder from the update process that I am not using the
> RPM kernel.  But I am...

As you used the Fedora kernel source and the original Fedora .config
file you can ignore that warning and reminder.

> Ted Gervais

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 00:27:38 up 5 days, 23:16, load average: 0.70, 0.36, 0.15
                   [ ÎÎÏÎÎ Ï'ÎÏÏÎÎ - gnothi seauton ]