Re: FC1 and Belkin OmniView 4-port switch

On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 04:58, Karl Hakmiller wrote:
> All,
>
> I came across a Belkin switch (OmniView) at CompUSA that permits running up to four computers using a single monitor, keyboard, mouse and speaker-set.  It sounds like a great space saver - I have an XP Home and an FC1 machine taking up most of the table space in my study - and it would be great to get rid of one of the monitors and such.
>
> But, I'm wondering if any listers have used this switch with a linux machine before I buy it.  I don't mind set-up problems if they can be overcome with a little patience and work but I've been burned a couple of times lately with hardware having installation software which is only written for Windows machines.
>
> Any comments would be welcome.
Sounds like the same as I use.
There is a general problem with a lot of the KVM switches that
occasionally the mouse pointer goes wild when switching the fix is
switch form the GUI to a console screen and straight back.
Apart from that (in my case it's somewhere around one switch in ten) no
problems.
Regards Roger