Re: FC1 and Belkin OmniView 4-port switch

> All,
>
> I came across a Belkin switch (OmniView) at CompUSA that permits running
up to four computers using a single monitor, keyboard, mouse and
speaker-set.  It sounds like a great space saver - I have an XP Home and an
FC1 machine taking up most of the table space in my study - and it would be
great to get rid of one of the monitors and such.

> But, I'm wondering if any listers have used this switch with a linux
machine before I buy it.  I don't mind set-up problems if they can be
overcome with a little patience and work but I've been burned a couple of
times lately with hardware having installation software which is only
written for Windows machines.

I use two of these and they work just fine on all my servers at work. I
think the only thing that ever cropped up was when a mouse packed up and X
didn't like the new one. Apart from that no worries.

Bryan