Custom kernel warning

I am running a custom kernel built from the kernel.org 2.4.26 source.
The Redhat Network Alert Notification Tool gives me the following
warning...

"You are running kernel-2.4.26.rac, but it is not installed in RPM
format. It is highly recommended that you run the official Red Hat Linux
kernels. By running a custom kernel, you will miss out on any security
fixes and functionality enhancements provided by Red Hat Linux, and your
configuration is unsupported. "

How do I find out what these security fixes etc. are? Are these fixes
not fed back into the main kernel branch?

Just curious - my kernel seems fine.

Richard.