Re: Corruption

Ok,
I did more extensive tests now.
$tar cf - Mail | tvf -
gives no errors.

$ tar czf - Mail | tar tzvf -
gives no error either.

For the mail and for other files.
However, when I start writing to a file, things go wrong:
$ tar tzvf <archive>
starts reporting errors and
$ tar dzf <archive>
starts reporting differences.

However, when I nfs the files to another computer, I can tar & gzip the files,
the test reports no errors and the difference test reports no differences.

But what is strange is that when I tar & gzip from the other computer over the
nfs-mount, it starts giving the errors again.

Any ideas?
Jeroen