Re: Corruption

> Does the corruption happen with different sources to tar/gzip/bzip2?

I am now testing some other sources. It seems to happen with large files.

> Does while archiving in verbose mode appear any error message?

No, the archiving itself does not give any messages. The testing does.

> What are the commands you run?

$ tar cvzf mail.tar.gz Mail
or
$ tar cvjf mail.tar.bz2 Mail

For the testing I use:
$ tar tvzf mail.tar.gz
or
$ tar tvjf mail.tar.bz2

> Compression errors often occurs because of bad/damaged RAM.

I do not seem to have other problems, which you would expect with bad or
damaged RAM.

Jeroen