Re: 3Com 3c2000 NIC support

Pleased to help.
Gaetan

Dave a écrit :

I went back through your messages Gaetan and noticed the netconfig and
decided to try it from the command line instead of the graphical Network
configuration utility.  Voila, it works now.  even re-booted to ensure.

Thank you very much for your assistance, now to do updates and see what
happens.

Dave
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave" <drn_temp2@xxxxxxxxxx>

OK, did the make, then the make install and it is in the /lib/../net/
directroy.

The module was not loaded so I did an insmod 3c2000.o and got the message
from the mssage log. still won't appear under the Network configuration
utility, not is there an entry in modules.conf.

ifconfig  shows that the driver is loaded but there is no IP addresses
assigned to it.
ifconfig eth0 up doesn't appear to yeild further results.

Thanks for your assistance and being sooo patient with me
 Dave

----- Original Message ----- From: "yavorsky gaetan" <gaetan.yavorsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>