Re: 3Com 3c2000 NIC support

I edited the beginning of the makefile to have the compiler CC = gcc32 as
with the base FC1 install.  Everything appears to compile properly but there
is no 3c2000.o in the /lib ..../net/ directory.  (Note:  This was the 3rd
time that I ran the make load command, I removed all of the ".o" files first
before re-compiling)

At the end of the compile the command "insmod $(TARGET)" from the makefile
runs loading the 3c2000.o

When I try running the network configuration utility I do not see the
3c2000, nor is there any alias in the /etc/modules.conf

/var/log/messages has:
: 3c2000 3COM Gigabit NIC Driver Version All
: Copyright ...
: Copyright...
: eth0: 3com Gigabit LOM (3C940)
:         PrefPort:A RlmtMode Check Link State

When I check the network configuration utility for a 3c940 it is not their
either.
This part of the makefile does not appear to be run:

    # Module installation
    #
    .PHONY : install
    install: $(TARGET)
     @echo "Found kernel version $(KERNEL_VER)"
     @echo "Install directory is $(INSTALL_DIR)"
     mkdir -p $(INSTALL_DIR)
     install -m 644 $(TARGET) $(INSTALL_DIR)
     depmod -a

    #

I checked to make sure (as much as I could) that all of the directories that
the variables refer to do actually exist, I wasn't sure about the KERNEL_VER
from looking in the version.h.

Dave