Re: signature.asc files

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 16:00, Betti Ann & Preston Smith wrote:
> In any case, my options are few
> - accept the fact that I must delete these things from my 'Attachment'
> folder daily (if I opt for deletion of attachments when I delete the
> accompanying messages I will inadvertantly delete attachments which I wish
> to keep)
> - unsubscribe from this list which I have been reading to familiarize
> myself with Linux before moving from Windows
> - find a Windows client that meets the so called needs of the RFC which is
> not a mandated standard at the best of times and then train my wife on the
> new client before having to retrain her when I eventually move to Linux -
> do the gurus, particularly those who say I must scrap Eudora, know of a
> suitable freeware client which is supported by Windows 98?

I agree with David that Firebird works on both!  It will save some
retraining and from what I've heard has some excellent spam filtering
features.

Another Option:
Does the digest version of the list include all the signature.asc files
for every post?

My original post that David seemed so intent on reading boiled down to
"everyone has the right to choose".
It continued to explain by signing my messages that I can guarantee
receivers that my message does not have a viral payload.

That value is worth the cost on such a large list.  By sending this
message my email address is in mbox's around the world, available to
viruses for harvesting and forgery.  Yes, I know signing my messages
will not stop this but my receivers know I sign my messages and trust
those signed messages exclusively.

Cheers,
Chris
--