Re: converting user to linux

Am Di, den 27.04.2004 schrieb Jay Daniels um 16:35:

> what do you think, do i stand a chance to convert her to Linux or am i
> wasting my time?  she basically uses the laptop as a desktop pc to
> read mail via a webmail service, surf the net, purchase online,
> save family photos to cdr, and print stuff.  she would use X almost
> entirely with the mouse under a normal user account.  she also has no
> interest in learning unix/linux commands or the shell.  has anyone
> tried to convert someone to Linux, how did it go?
>

> jay

maybe this will help: http://www.nmt.edu/~val/howto.html
I have converted half of my family to Linux, but they are not so fanatic
in MS, like it you wife seems to be, and because they are my sister and
mother, they can get divorced from me :D (SCNR)
Try to make the fedora look as much as possible like Windows. change
names of Icons if needed (like editor for gedit or Word for Openoffice),
but for the other things linux is perfect.

I hope you will have success!

Ilja
--
german.fedorausers.org