Re: New hardwareraid is not found

Alexander Dalloz schrieb:

Am Di, den 27.04.2004 schrieb Götz Reinicke um 10:02:

Hi,

I recently attached a new SATA2SCSI Hardwareraid to my Dell Poweredge 1650 running Fedora Core Linux. The Raid is a Starline easyraid X8P with 8 * 160 GB SATA as a raid 5.

The server is running fine so far and its SCSI-Bios has found the raid.

But Linux isn't showing the RAID :-( I can't fdisk /dev/sdb and there is no entry of showing the disk in the logs or dmesg.

Any Ideas, did I miss something....?

Regards

Götz Reinicke

Can you describe the "SATA2SCSI" hardware RAID a bit more? Is it a
controller card to which you can plug SATA IDE drives and the controller
appears as SCSI to the system? So the controller card certainly needs
driver support. Didn't you ask Starline before buying that hardware
whether it is Linux prepared? What does Starline say is the correct SCSI
kernel driver module for the card?

The Raid is an external box in which the SATA Drives are plugt in and has a SCSI Interface. Starline says, the Raid is system independant; we use two different other RAIDs from tham without needing special drivers. Thats the same Starline says about the new raid.

The Raid should be seen as a big harddisk.

Regards Götz
--
Götz Reinicke
IT Koordinator - IT OfficeNet