Re: Installation of Red Hat

> On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 12:44:25PM +0100, michael furse wrote:

> I am sure there will be arguments with thei but 64mb Ram is just too
> little. 500Mhz is fast enough if you careful with what you install. --

it's absolutely insane to run it on 64mb.  as far as the processor is
concerned, when i first started my current job all i had to use was a
celeron 400 with 192mb of ram.  fedora ran like a champ, but there really
wasn't any point loading up rhythmbox or anything similar.  open office
and firefox worked well under gnome, though.

-d

-+(duncan brown
-+(duncanbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-+(http://www.linuxadvocate.net

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy
evidence of the fact.
                -- George Eliot