Re: Problem with monitor/keyboard/mouse switch

Dave wrote:

From what I understand there are 2 types of KVM switches, a "Pass-through"
and a "Store and Forward" type.  I've tried the Pass-through and they don't
work in my situation either, drops the mouse & keyboard (USB) on my notebook
& Linux firewall (Smoothwall).  I talked with the manufacturerof the one I
tried and they suggested I try a more expensive "store and forward" type,
which most product sheets do not list.

I am now waiting for another manufacturer to get back to me before I try
purchacing another KVM.
Dave

Maybe you could try this solution , posted today on fedora-devel-list. And I remmember seeing someone talking about it sometime ago on that list.