Re: Is Linux always so frustating^

On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 09:16, pinco wrote:
> In these days I tried a substitue to FrontPage, but I failed to install
> Quanta! (I'm a newbie, but I don't have any problems with installing and
> even coding on Windows. Besides I've read in a mailing list that it
> crashes with Fedora Core 1). NVU is more o less a HTML editor. So I
> didn't succeed to find a substiture!

Quanta should be on the CDs for Fedora.  It seems to work for me, but I
am certainly not a power user.  Try `up2date quanta` from a
command-line.

> For some application, as I understood, I should have different programs
> because they depend on others: OpenOffice use Mozilla, so even if I
> don't like this browser I must have its libraries, if I decide to use
> Gnome I must have even the KDE libraries, because some programs require
> them, and so on.

True, some programs require parts of others, but when was the last time
you tried to uninstall Internet Explorer in Windows ;o)  A lot of this
is just getting used to a different operating system.  You ask us to
have patience with you, so please have patience with Fedora.

> Hardware should be compatible, so I have to buy new ones. (Yes, I wrote
> to the firms asking for drivers, but in the meanwhile...)

What hardware do you have that is not working?

Forrest