Re: MP3s and Linux [ogg format]

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 20:28:16 -0400, Kc2LTO - Andrew Ragone <spdemon6@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Wouldn't the sound quality be much worse after coverting mp3 to ogg?

I've converted the few mp3's I originally had...there might be some degradation,
but none that I can notice by ear. It could be that the script identifies
all the information in an mp3 file and just translates that just as you might
translate a book. If it does this there'd be next to no degradation at all.

Cheers,
Daniel.

And of course, to those that already have lots of mp3's and would like
to convert them all to ogg, there's a script on this page that will do
it for you. I've tested it, and so far it works quite well.

http://linux.oldcrank.com/tips/mp3ogg/

dex