Re: rdate not setting the date

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 05:58, Bill Johnson wrote:
> I searched, but didn't see an answer to this.  I have always used rdate to
> keep my system clock in sync with time.nist.gov NTP time server.  When
> daylight savings time hit this past weekend, I noticed that the time on my
> laptop did not change.  I tried to do it manually, with no affect.  Is
> there a problem with rdate under fedora?
>
> If I run rdate -s time.nist.gov, I get a message displayed:
>
> Alarm clock

    See?  I asked the question, and I was told NTP and rdate use
different servers (musta read it too fast).  But whatever caused this on
your system, probably caused it on mine.  I, too, am in one of those
silly areas where we transition from CDT/CST.  But it's the first time
in almost a decade I've ever seen this message...
Brian FahrlÃnder          GNU/Linux Zealot, Conservative, and Technomad
ICQ 5119262