RE: About RULE for FC1, was: 486 install?

> >Yes, currently RULE is "stuck" to Red Hat 9.
[....]

> I looked over your website and cannot find any of the downloads, even for
> RH9. I take it there won't be any until all of the developers are settled
> back in. I'd love to try this out for a small charter school whose network
> I'm working on. They have a bunch of 133MHz white boxes that I want to use
> as non-essential file servers.

Tom, and everybody else.

The RULE ISO image for RH9 *is* available at an alternative savannah location:

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/savannah/files/rule/slinky/slinky-v0.3.96/

the md5sum matches what we had, so it doesn't seem cracked.
For the record, I successfully used it just last week to an install fest
here in Italy. Right after giving without problems a RULE slideshow:
     with KOffice 1.2
     from the standard Koffice/KDE rpms for rh9
     off a laptop with 133 MHz Pentium and 32 MB of RAM
     on which I had installed RH9+kdrive with the same ISO above
     for a total of ~700 MB of disk space

Neat, uh?
Plese try it, subscribe to the RULE list and let us know!

HTH,
Marco Fioretti