FC 1 installation problem with /dev/mdN

Hi all,

I have two 120g WD disks. I walk through the installation
and use disk druid to create my partitions. Then the installation
bombs while creating my first mirror.

My basic steps were this..

        - setup language, mouse, monitor, etc..

        - using "Server" Installation Type.

        - select manual partitioning with Disk Druid.
	- create "Software Raid" partitions on /dev/hda
        - clone partitions to /dev/hdc
        - create RAID1 (/dev/mdN) mirrors by joining them.

        - /dev/md1 is my primary partition. (500mg) mounted as "/".

        - choose GRUB with /dev/md1 as default disk to be loaded.

        - setup Network, Firewall, Additional Language, TZ, root pw..
        - I choose a manual Package selection...

        - just after the installation begins I receive the following
          error:

          "An error occured trying to format md1. This problem is
           serious, and the installation cannot continue.

           Press enter to reboot your system".

This has happened to me numerous times, in three different
machines. I have even swapped disks. At this time, I believe it to
be a FC 1 installation problem.

Has anyone else experienced this before?
Has anyone resolved this issue before?

Thanks in advance.

-k