Re: yum update having problems with xmms

Javier Gonzalez said:
> When I try to run a simple 'yum update', it starts running fine: it checks
> the necessary packages, downloads headers, and strats retreiving
> information. However, at a certain period it halts and then gives me a
> messages saying:
>
> Resolving dependencies
> ....Unable to satisfy dependencies
> Package xmms-mp3 needs xmms = 1:1.2.7, this is not available.

Please check the archives, this has been discussed at least a couple of
times.

You have an old version of xmms-mp3 (1.2.7) and no yum source for the
newer version (1.2.10).  Either remove xmms-mp3, or configure yum with a
source to update it.

--
William Hooper