Re: problems soundcard and ircclient

Am Sa, den 27.03.2004 schrieb Jose Kilpua um 09:46:
> Hello everyone !
>
> Now I have Fedora Core 1 up and running. But I ha 2 problems:
>
> 1) Fedora did not find my soundcard Creative AWE64 on ISA-bus. It is using
> irq 5.
> Is it possible to get that soundcard up and running?

It is certainly possible. The card is supported but as being an ISA card
not that Plug 'n Pray like PCI cards. If you search google you will find
a lot of howtos for getting the card to fly.

From where do you know the card is using IRQ5? IF you see that already
from "cat /proc/interrupts" then you already have loaded the driver
module for the card. If you conclude from Windows, then this may be
wrong. You must pass the sound card module the resources parameters
during load. All to be found in the several howtos.

> 2) When I try to install irc-client irssi-0.8.9.1.i386.rpm, it says that
> libcom_err.so.3 is missing.
> Where I find that for Ferora Core 1

The irssi RPM you are trying to install is for Redhat 9 and not Fedora!
You may get an irssi RPM for FC1 from Dag Wieers repository.

> ciao,
> Jose

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 17:21:13 up 8 days, 2:03, load average: 1.19, 1.20, 1.18
                   [ ÎÎÏÎÎ Ï'ÎÏÏÎÎ - gnothi seauton ]