Re: XOrg vs XFree86

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004, Paul Thomas wrote:

> Whilst I view the whole situation as a pointless swabble between a few
> disfunctional bozos with over-inflated egos, I do wonder what the
> XFree86 folks are going to if no-one uses their software...

XFree86 was successful due to the efforts of many people who are not part
of the squabble.  The effect of this will be to make people less willing
to invest effort in projects without better assurances that the license
terms won't be changed contrary to the spirit in which their contributions
were made.

--
George N. White III  <aa056@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada