Re: FC2 X issues

Michael A. Peters wrote:

On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 10:24 -0500, Mark Haney wrote:

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 22:08:04 -0800, Tom 'Needs A Hat' Mitchell <mitch48@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I know it's the wrong list, but I asked the same question and I"ll offer the answer I got on the test list. You need to change the mouse device in XF86Config from /dev/psaux or /dev/mouse to /dev/input/mice. It fixed the problem I hAD with X failing on updated kernels.

From what I gather from discussion at arstechnica - it's only an issue
with Fedora kernel updates - vanilla kernels don't have the issue.

Now it's only a issue with fedora.. Other distros will have to do this later (or make dirty hacks like simlynks pointing to /dev/input/mice) . If you search the fedora-test-list archives , you may find a message from Dave Jones explaining this change..

--
Pedro Macedo