Re: FC2 X issues

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 22:08:04 -0800, Tom 'Needs A Hat' Mitchell <mitch48@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 07:58:47PM -0800, Alex wrote:
From: "Alex" <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 19:58:47 -0800
Subject: Re: FC2 X issues

I can boot with original kernel and with compiled from source 2.6.2 kernel,
but with newer kernels delivered through up2date my system goes crasy. It
actually tries to start X session, I can see distorted - out of sync blank
desktop with an "X" of mouse pointer in the middle for a second then No
analog signal message is shown and screen becomes black.
I tried to play with XF86Config, but it does not do any good.
Alex.

I know it's the wrong list, but I asked the same question and I"ll offer the answer I got on the test list. You need to change the mouse device in XF86Config from /dev/psaux or /dev/mouse to /dev/input/mice. It fixed the problem I hAD with X failing on updated kernels.

--
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Mark Haney
Development, Systems and Network Administration
DoctorDirectory.com
http://www.doctordirectory.com