Re: RAID 0 to RAID 1

On Mar 26, 2004, "Kevin M. Shortt" <shortt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The filesystem is unmountable. I have not installed mdadm (yet).
> These are the steps I did do to change the partition from RAID 0
> to RAID 1.

/etc/raidtab is mostly for documentation purposes.  It's only used at
mkraid time and at boot time to tell which raid devices to start.

What you have to do is to back up the contents of the raid 0 device
you created, raidstop, edit raidtab and then run mkraid to re-create
the raid device, and then re-create a filesystem and restore the data
there.