Re: make dep bombs

I wiped the source, reinstalled and tried again, no luck. Switched to the latest updated source, still problems.

My first install, somewhere within the process above, was simular to yours. Everything compiled, modules, except the kernel errored out on compile. Then I reinstalled source again, and started my make dep problem.

Perhaps I'll purge the source again, and rebuild my kernel config again. I was kind hoping however to "learn something" from this accident, hopeing someone would know how to read the compile output and could point me in the right direction.

Thanks for you help!

jludwig wrote:

I went and setup a Fedora/RedHat 2.4 kernel to compile to see if I had
the same problems. My make dep went off without a hitch, though the
kernel compile error-ed out (because I mis-configured acpi).

Are you sure all your source is in place and not corrupted for some
reason?

Also remember some modules/components are inter dependent.