re: red-carpet

8< snip

Unfortunately according to our company policy, which I have just read
all mail sent from a company address must include a disclaimer, and the
rules of the disclaimer are set out in point form. I have adhered to
this keeping it as simple as possible.

If you want to see a nice overview over regular disclaimers and for
which reasons they are nonsense please see:

http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/

You previously used in the disclaimer the sentence "WARNING: The
information transmitted herewith is intended only for the person or
entity to which it is addressed". What does that mean for posting to a
public mailing list (at least public readable without subscription): who
is the intended recipient? You fairly well see you can not legitimately
limit that. Potentially the whole internet is the recipient and
therefore: who is then prohibited to review, retransmission or else use
your postings?

Don't be silly man or did you miss the mail where I said it was our companies standard mail signature.I have got to use it when sending mail from my box in any company related matter. If I knew it would upset you I would have changed it long ago.

8< snip

Chadley, welcome to the mailling list, don't let Dalloz ruffle your feathers. He believe he's a supreme being on this list, which is probably due to, his ever popular reply to any up2date question, http://fedoranews.org/contributors/alexander_dalloz/mirror/

For future reference, a few other beefs he has include users hijacking threads and not searching the archives before posting. If you're not an experienced mailing list user unsubscribe from this list now! Either he's never worked on a helpline, or as a service rep, or currently does and has so much aggression built up that he uses this list as an outlet to unsuspecting new linux users.

In any case, welcome to the list.

Mike

***** IMPORTANT INFORMATION/DISCLAIMER *****
This document should be read only by those persons to whom it is addressed. If you have received this message it was obviously addressed to you and therefore you can read it, even it we didnt mean to send it to you. However, if the contents of this email make no sense whatsoever then you probably were not the intended recipient, or, you are a mindless cretin; either way, you should immediately delete yourself & destroy your computer! Once you have taken this action please contact us.. no you idiot, you cant use your computer, you just destroyed it, and by the way, you are also deleted, but we digress......

The Originator of this email is not liable for the transmission of the information contained in this communication, unless they are the originator in which case they probably are liable and rightly so considering the content of the aforementioned communication.

In the event that the originator did not send this email to you, then please return it to us and attach a scanned-in picture of your mothers brothers wife wearing nothing but cami-knickers, and we will immediately refund you exactly half of what you paid for the can of Pal Meaty-Bites you bought when you went to Woolies yesterday.

We take no responsibility for non-receipt of this email because we are running Windows NT & everyone knows how glitchy that can be. In the event that you do get this message then please note that we take no responsibility for that either. Nor will we accept any liability, tacit or implied, for any damage you may or may not incur as a result of receiving, or not, as the case may be, from time to time, notwithstanding all liabilities implied or otherwise, ummm,shit, where was I..umm, no matter what happens, IT's NOT, and NEVER WILL BE, OUR FAULT!

The comments & opinions expressed herein are my own and NOT those of my employer, who, if he knew I was sending emails and surfing porno sites,would cut off my gonads and feed them to me for afternoon tea.