Re: Dependecies check!

Am Mo, den 22.03.2004 schrieb Ilja Kogan um 18:17:

> You can use yum. You just enter yum install cyrus-imapd and it will
> install it. Or yum search imap and it will show you all the imap
> programs, that are available on this server.

No, he can't simply use yum. That is the point. Please do not confuse
people like this!

The reason simply is that Fedora Core 1 ships with the uw-imapd and
dovecot and _not_ cyrus-imapd. FC2 will have dovecot and cyrus-imapd but
no more uw-imapd.

I reviewed Simon Matter's package page and checked that he has no
repository to use with yum, up2date nor apt. He only offers SRC.RPM
packages for cyrus-imapd and cyrus-sasl. So it is needed to rebuild
these packages prior being able to install them. Additional you have to
note that on AMD systems the cyrus-imapd will fail due to problems with
the Berkeley DB. Therefor Simon offers a patch to modify the BDB
packages shipped with FC1 (RH9 too). That all is not trivial.

I fear Andreas has not enough background to find his way through that
all. On the other side he did not explain why he wants to use
cyrus-imapd and not one of those servers FC1 ships with. If he has good
reasons - and there are such - I may compile him the packages. Or he may
wait until FC2 comes out.

> (I have also a German mailclient and it makes Re: ;) )

Yes, but he uses a German Microsoft product: X-MIMEOLE:  Produced By
Microsoft Exchange V6.0.6249.0. I know in Outlook you can set the reply
prefix by choosing English headers in the option menu. Maybe that is
possible with his client too.

> mfg
> Ilja

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 19:01:43 up 3 days, 3:43, load average: 0.32, 0.12, 0.04
                   [ ÎÎÏÎÎ Ï'ÎÏÏÎÎ - gnothi seauton ]