Re: red-carpet

On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 04:35, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Mo, den 22.03.2004 schrieb Chadley Wilson um 01:42:
>
> > Hows this?
>
> How what?
>
> > Unfortunately according to our company policy, which I have just read
> > all mail sent from a company address must include a disclaimer, and the
> > rules of the disclaimer are set out in point form. I have adhered to
> > this keeping it as simple as possible.
>
> If you want to see a nice overview over regular disclaimers and for
> which reasons they are nonsense please see:
>
> http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/
>
> You previously used in the disclaimer the sentence "WARNING: The
> information transmitted herewith is intended only for the person or
> entity to which it is addressed". What does that mean for posting to a
> public mailing list (at least public readable without subscription): who
> is the intended recipient? You fairly well see you can not legitimately
> limit that. Potentially the whole internet is the recipient and
> therefore: who is then prohibited to review, retransmission or else use
> your postings?

Don't be silly man or did you miss the mail where I said it was our
companies standard mail signature.I have got to use it when sending mail
from my box in any company related matter. If I knew it would upset you
I would have changed it long ago. I never setup the disclaimer on it and
have never read it and don't intent to either. It is a predefined
disclaimer. Which some smatie pants in the company came up with.
I work for a giant South African company Called Proline we manufacture
10 000 PC systems monthly.
In companies as big as ours you have legal clauses in all documentation
as set out by company legal teams. I know most of it is just show.
As for the Technobyte it is the company's listed name on the JSE
{Johannesburg Stock Exchange}.
If you think I am an office jock you better think again.
I am the Production 2IC for one of the biggest plants in SA. I am no
fool when hardware is involved.
I may a bit of a  fool with linux but thats why I am using the list for
help.
If your going be petty and whine about a signature thats cool.
I have changed the signature to satisfy everyone nut especially you.

I have no intention of quarrelling on the list, So lets drop the subject
and we can carry rocking the linux world.
If you are unhappy eith the tone of my mail please mail me in my
personal capacity and we can discuss what it is you don't like about me.

I will always help people where I can I can only hope that when I need
help on different issues that some helps me.

Thank you for the help you have provided. and thanks to every one else
who has help me.

Good day to you and evryone, My night is over and I am going home to
sleep.
Chow for Now

Freindly regards to you too mate,

PS lets not rock the lists with this sort of rubbish.

--
Chadley - Linux Rocks
Welcome to my world.