Re: Dependecies check!

Am Mo, den 22.03.2004 schrieb Wengrzik, Andreas um 18:07:
> Sorry!
>
> Bad english... and the AW: depends on german mailing software, sorry!
>
> I want to Install Cyrus Imap.
> IÂve never had install it imap on this system, i have a blanc FC1 with only the main part of the system.
>
> Then i downloaded cyrus-imapd-2.2.3-8.i586.rpm an tried to install it with
>
> rpm -ivh cyrus-imapd-2.2.3-8.i586.rpm
>
> now i ran into the first depencie error and so on.

Ok, now I understand. Still the cyrus-imapd topic.

> Now i asked for a tool which lists me the rpms maybe from the internet and if i install this rpm
> for example: cyrus-imapd-2.2.3-8.i586.rpm
> the toll checks for dependecies and install it automatic.

As long the RPM does not come from a repository the tools available can
not do what you ask for.

> Like Cpan shell. You know what i mean? Maybe you know SuSE and Yast2 ?
> There i get a list and select 'Cyrus Imap' than Yast2 says dependencies on
> 1.
> 2.
> 3.
> Should i install it to? - Yes and now Yast2 install all the dependent packages.

This only works if all the dependent packages are available from the
source you have choosen. This works then of course well with up2date or
yum or apt on Fedora too.

> Thanks!
>
> Andreas W.

I suspect you took the cyrus-imapd RPM from Simon Matter's page as I
recommended some days ago. Then please post the output of "rpm -ivh
cyrus-imapd-2.2.3-8.i586.rpm" with the dependency failures so that we
can see what is causing the error. I assume you need newer cyrus-sasl
packages installed than those coming with FC1, right? Simon has those on
his site as well. If nothing else is missing you can put als cyrus-*
RPMs into one directory and run "rpm -Uvh cyrus-*". Else please post
your other problems.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 18:11:44 up 3 days, 2:53, load average: 0.27, 0.29, 0.25
                   [ ÎÎÏÎÎ Ï'ÎÏÏÎÎ - gnothi seauton ]