Re: Dual boot Win98/Fedora with grub

If I were u, i would just leave Fedora the only one in the bootloader, use Webmin Grub configurator to add the second drive boot options. Webmin is an invaluable tool for me, and I've tested these functions, they work well in my experiences.

Jeff Vian wrote:

I have a machine that is running FC1 on hda
I also have win98 installed on the second drive (from linux, hdb )

These OSes were installed one at a time,with only one drive in when installed.
What I want to do is put the windows drive in as the second drive and setup grub to dual boot. It appears from the grub documentation that I should be able to write a stanza in the grub.conf file similar to

title Windows
    map     (hd0)      (hd1)
    map     (hd1)      (hd0)
   rootnoverify (hd0,0)
   chainloader +1
   makeactive
   boot

However this fails.

Has anyone had any luck doing this? and if so what are the errors I am making?

Or should I bite the bullet, move the windows drive to the first position, and reconfigure the fstab and grub.conf to boot fedora from the second drive?

-- Brian Chase Phone: 386-775-5366 2345 Hillside Ave. Fax: 309-276-2048 Orange City, FL 32763 Email: networkr0@xxxxxxxxxx

http://openalternatives.net