Dual boot Win98/Fedora with grub

I have a machine that is running FC1 on hda
I also have win98 installed on the second drive (from linux, hdb )

These OSes were installed one at a time,with only one drive in when installed.
What I want to do is put the windows drive in as the second drive and setup grub to dual boot. It appears from the grub documentation that I should be able to write a stanza in the grub.conf file similar to

title Windows
    map     (hd0)      (hd1)
    map     (hd1)      (hd0)
   rootnoverify (hd0,0)
   chainloader +1
   makeactive
   boot

However this fails.

Has anyone had any luck doing this? and if so what are the errors I am making?

Or should I bite the bullet, move the windows drive to the first position, and reconfigure the fstab and grub.conf to boot fedora from the second drive?