Re: LDAP how to

Hi,

 --- Pedro Fernandes Macedo
<webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > Alexander
Dalloz wrote:

> >There are so many helpful sites in the net about
> LDAP. If you are
> >missing basic knowledge you maybe even better buy a
> book which starts at
> >basic level.
> >
> >http://yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialLDAP.html
> >
> >is nice in my eyes.
> >
> >Or have a look at following project address if you
> prefer GUI tools:
> >
> >http://phpldapadmin.sourceforge.net
> >
> >Check freshmeat.net for more helpful tools.
> >
> >Alexander
> >

> I suggest another tool : gq. It is on the fedora
> cds. It's simple , but
> works fine for simple tests...
> Now , I suggest you get the O'Reilly book about
> ldap. I'm reading it now
> and it is very interesting and has a lot of info on
> the possibilities
> of  LDAP.

I'm not sure how many of you guys have checked this
out, but Novell eDirectory is an excellent directory
server if you're looking for single sign-on
facilities.

It's not free, but in terms of directory servers it's
the best I found. There was talk of open-sourcing it
some years back when Novell and IBM and Red Hat all
talked about it, but it never eventuated
unfortunately.

It runs on Linux, Sun, etc including Novell and
Windows. ConsoleOne (the eDirectory manager) also runs
on all platforms. And with Groupwise for Linux
released this week, Novell are really starting to make
a name for themselves in this arena.

Michael.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com